The first mention of a school in Ruislip was in 1655. The Church of England School attached to St Martin's Church dates back to around 1812 when it was housed in wooden buildings. In 1862 a permanent building was erected in Eastcote Road. BWI School was built on this site when the population grew and it was officially opened by Bishop Winnington-Ingram, Bishop of London, on 15th July 1931. In 1967 the school moved to a larger site in Southcote Rise and became a two form entry school in 1993, now providing education for over 400 children.
As part of our bicentenary celebrations, in September 2012, we held a variety of exciting events. These included an open day, a whole school procession through Ruislip followed by a service with the Bishop of Willesden. As a school we wrote a commemorative storybook and dressed up as Georgians for the day. The week of celebrations was finished with a thanksgiving service at St Paul's Cathedral.
We continue to have close links to St Martin's Church and the children attend for end of term services several times a year.